ThreatLocker MSI download
Download ThreatLocker MSI from https://portal.threatlocker.com
Login using your administrator details and create/select the computer group you want to deploy ThreatLocker to, download and save the MSI package.
Create a shared folder
The first step in deploying an MSI through GPO is to create a distribution point on the publishing server. This can be done by following these steps:
- Log on to the server as an Administrator
- Create a shared network folder (this folder will contain the ThreatLocker MSI package)
- Set permissions on this folder in order to allow access to the distribution package
- Copy the MSI into the shared folder
Note: Do not rename the ThreatLocker MSI, and the installer key will not work.
Create a Group Policy Object
An MSI package is deployed through GPO as a Group Policy Object. In order to create an object for your package, you can follow these steps:
- Open Group Policy Management
- Right-click on the OU where your computers are stored.
- Click Create a GPO in this domain, and Link it here…
- Enter a name for the Group Policy. E.g. Install ThreatLocker
- In the right pane, right click on the newly created GPO and Click Edit
- Expand Computer Configuration > Policies > Software Settings > Software Installation
- Right click in the right pane and click New Package.
- Browse to the network share where the ThreatLocker MSI is saved and select the ThreatLocker MSI.
- Select Assigned as the Deployment Method and Click OK.